Responsible To: Operations Director
Starting Salary: £21,000 pro rata
Hours: Part time (22.5hrs per week)
Location: Exchange Quay, Salford
Contract Term: Fixed term contract till 31st May 2019
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a nationally recognised innovation in training and development in cyber security. With the support of our technical partner, Youth Fed has opened a security operations center (SOC) in Manchester to be able to offer training to young people from across the North West on aspects of Cyber Security in a ‘live’ environment. In this role you will be based at the SOC and responsible for guiding cohorts of young people through elements of the North West Cyber Programme. Working alongside a qualified youth worker and our technical partners you will deliver effective training and individual learning pathways, provide practical support and technical expertise focusing on areas such as: digital safety education; regional cyber careers development/apprenticeships and support for young people who have crossed the ‘ethics line’ with law enforcement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for following up referrals and meeting with young people to discuss the appropriate engagement with the Youth Fed SOC. You will be part of a team consisting of a ‘technical’ partner and a fully qualified youth worker and together you will deliver the Youth Fed cyber programmes. As the ‘technical’ worker you will lead the development of the delivery on behalf of the team. You will be required to represent Youth Fed at events within the SOC including ministerial visits and arranged visits from other agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
NB: The list of responsibilities is a guide and may include but are not limited to the following. You may be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with the post as and when required
- To follow up referrals, meeting young people and partners to discuss their needs
- Plan appropriate and personalised learning pathways for young people
- To provide practical support measures and learning to the participants in the programme and prepare materials that could be used to aid engagement.
- To engage with young people to identify and address individual barriers. Providing high quality information, advice, guidance and mentoring support.
- With the Youth Worker be responsible for creating Action/Support Plans, prioritising and co-ordinating learning and intervention activities around cyber security.
- Work with the team to promote the activities of the SOC within the national context.
- Working with our technical partner, Ratheon, deliver and evaluate a diverse and adaptable programme, balancing the needs, rights and responsibilities of young people, which trains young people in the technical and employability skills.
- Develop and monitor behavioral contracts with young people.
- Utilise CRM system to monitor and record young people’s progress, tracking them during their involvement on the project and post-employment to ensure the distance traveled is recorded and met.
- Develop and maintain effective and consistent professional relationships with delivery partners, to ensure the effective delivery of the programme and ensure targets are met within deadlines
- Identify and liaise with partner agencies providing existing services which meet young people’s needs and undertake supported signposting with young people
- Ensure all resources/expenditure falls within budget and ensure financial systems are upheld
- Other ad hoc project and program, administrative, operations and support duties.
You have a legal duty that gives you responsibility, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that you do not endanger yourself or anyone else by your acts or omissions. In addition, you must cooperate with the charity on health and safety matters and must not interfere or misuse anything provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
It is the responsibility of employees to apply the Youth Fed’s Equal Opportunities Policy in their own area of responsibility and in their general conduct.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent
- A good understanding of current, relevant and future cyber issues and risks
- Understanding and ability to communicate in a training capacity
- Has understanding and some experience of working with young people
- Have good IT/cyber knowledge and experience
- Awareness of policy surrounding education of cyber safety in schools
Skills and Experiences
- Advising others on Cyber Safety Issues
- Developed and delivered train the trainer programmes
- Delivery of training sessions
- Involved in projects where “business strategies” are used to develop outcomes
- Leadership of strategic project implementation including planning and evaluation.
- Worked towards set project outputs and outcomes.
- Managed partnerships and collaborations
- Understanding of business related processes.
- Preparation and presentation of reports.
- IT Skills
- Experience of working with voluntary organisations (D)
- Prior experience or understanding of being part of a uniformed youth organisation (E)
- Planning and working towards set outputs and outcomes (D)
- Experience of working with children and/or young people (D)
- Experience of recruiting and supporting adult volunteers (D)
- Project planning and evaluation (D)
- Leadership of strategic project implementation (D)
- Working to demanding targets (D)
- Started and developed organisation or projects (D)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to network
- Effective group working
- Willingness to work unsocial hours
- Work effectively with both adults and young people
- Commitment to equality of opportunity, patience and humour
- Ability to motivate
- Non Judgemental approach
- Self-motivated and committed
- Supportive attitude to internal and external partners.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Applications will be sent on expression of interest
Completed applications should be sent by email to [email protected] or submitted via post to:
Youth Federation, 20 Rossmore Business Village, Inward Way, Ellesmere Port, Chester, CH65 3EY.
All completed applications should be received by 5pm on Friday 14th December 2018
Interviews will be held the week commencing 17th December 2018.
Any enquiries regarding this post should be directed to [email protected]