Responsible To: Operational Support Manager
Starting Salary: £17689.00 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Ellesmere Port
Contract: 1 year Term
The main purpose of this role is to work as part of the Operational Support Team to provide an effective and comprehensive administrative support across the Youth Fed group and to provide excellent standards of customer service throughout. As a pivotal member of the team you will support on all central business areas including HR, communications, marketing, finance, health and safety, facilities and IT as well as assisting in the delivery of specific programmes and projects.
As an Operational Support Officer within a cross functional team you will be driven by a shared sense of purpose to deliver quality outcomes that positively impact the Youth Fed group as a whole. It is therefore fundamental that you can work as part of a team and have a can do attitude to be successful in this role where no two days are ever the same.
Duties and Responsibilities:
NB: The list of responsibilities is a guide and may include but are not limited to the following.
Operational Support and Administration
- Act as the first point of contact for all customers and stakeholders, dealing efficiently with day to day queries, enquiries and personnel issues at all levels providing advice, support and assistance by telephone, email and in person.
- Assist team members with administrative functions including accurate data entry, research and reporting around HR, Communications, Marketing, Finance, Facilities and Health and Safety as directed to provide an effective support service to all staff.
- Provide administrative support across the Youth Fed group and to its Stakeholders, including actively supporting direct delivery projects.
- Proactively take charge of routine administrative and clerical duties including ordering and issuing stationery items and consumables, processing travel requests and receiving and sending the daily post
- You have a legal duty that gives you responsibility, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that you do not endanger yourself or anyone else by your acts or omissions. In addition you must cooperate with the charity on health and safety matters and must not interfere or misuse anything provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
It is the responsibility of employees to apply the Youth Fed’s Equal Opportunities Policy in their own area of responsibility and in their general conduct.
- Education to level 3 and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration and/or Customer Service
- Health and Safety Qualification
- Background in administration
- Competent in using CRM systems
- Working at a fast pace
- Background of working in related roles such as IT, Communications or HR
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication skills including report writing
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, timekeeping and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft office systems
- Familiarity with the third sector
- Team Player
- Excellent Communicator
To apply for this exciting role please download an application form here.
- Closing date – 25th January 2019
The Youth Federation is an equal opportunities employer.