Responsible To: Operations Manager
Salary range: £21,554.00
Hours: Full time (37.5 per week)
Location: Ellesmere Port with travel across Cheshire West and Cheshire East
Contract Type: 1 year fixed term
Closing Date: 5pm 29th March
Working as part of the Delivery Team, the Programme Coordinator will assist the delivery and development of Youth Fed’s portfolio of programs and services with the overarching aim to support and engage young people across Cheshire.
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of project plans, ensuring that delivery targets are met and high quality and positive outcomes for the organisation’s beneficiaries achieved. With an extensive service offer including mentoring, support, social action and volunteering opportunities, you will need to be flexible, organised, a keen multitasker and able to work the evening and weekends as required
At the forefront of the Charity’s activities, driving project and programmes forward with a hands-on approach and a positive attitude, you will be an advocate for Youth Fed and the programmes and services we offer. Building relationships with stakeholders, you will identify future opportunities to maximise the reach and impact of Youth Fed and take an active role in building sustainable services that benefit that young people.
In this role you be working within a team to plan and deliver the NCS Programme across Cheshire. Leading up to delivery you will support the recruitment of young people and keep parents informed by delivering high quality presentations, taster evenings, parents evenings and keep warm events. You will work closely with the wider team including the Recruitment and Support team to ensure goals are met and ambitious targets achieved.
During delivery, you will be at the forefront of the programme, leading waves of young people through their NCS journey from the first week of residential to the last week of social action. You will assist with direct delivery and ensure that the programme is delivered safely and to very high standards across the board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
NB: The list of responsibilities is a guide and may include but are not limited to the following. You may be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with the post as and when required
- Assist with the day-to-day coordination and management of the team’s operational and project related activities/tasks, resources, equipment and information
- Monitor, track and report on project progress, budgets, expenditures, plans and handle any issues that arise
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation and management products such as: registers, plans, and reports
- Develop programs to meet the needs of our beneficiaries as well as facilitating, improving and expanding our current portfolio
- Utilise CRM system to monitor and record progress,
- Develop and maintain effective and consistent professional relationships with stakeholders, to ensure the effective delivery of the programme and ensure targets are met within deadlines
- Identify and liaise with partner agencies providing services which meet young people’s needs and undertake supported signposting with young people
- Keep up to date on all aspects of a project, to ensure effective project delivery including: time, cost/budget, scope, quality, risk and benefit; and assist others, so even complicated tasks come to completion in an orderly and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with company standards, procedures and ‘best practice’ processes, and all directives are constantly being met
- Other ad hoc project and program, administrative, operations and support duties
You have a legal duty that gives you responsibility, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that you do not endanger yourself or anyone else by your acts or omissions. In addition, you must cooperate with the charity on health and safety matters and must not interfere or misuse anything provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
It is the responsibility of employees to apply the Youth Fed’s Equal Opportunities Policy in their own area of responsibility and in their general conduct.
- Educated to level 3 and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education in a subject related to young people.
- Delivering NCS Programmes
- Working on funded programmes
- Leading group programmes
- Recruitment of Young People
- Working to targets
- Planning programs, workshops and activities
- Delivering programs, workshops and activities
- Using a CRM system
- Advocating on behalf of young people
- Project Management
- Supporting young people into meaningful progressions
- Building diverse and adaptable programmes
- Developing social action programmes
- People Management
- Ability to inspire and motivate young people
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- Excellent communication skills including report writing
- Able to work on own initiative
- Deliver results
- Build effective relationships
- Lead from the front
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages
- Understanding of commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Understanding of the issues affecting young people
- Understanding of skills young people need to succeed
- Familiarity with the third sector
- A can do attitude which is solution focused
- Team player
- Must be able to drive with a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Must be able to stay overnight at residentials
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory references
The Youth Fed is an equal opportunities employer.
All completed applications should be received by 5pm on 29th March 2019
Interviews will be held the week commencing 8th April 2019.
Any enquiries regarding this post should be directed to [email protected]