Youthfed are seeking a number of Part Time Youth Workers to work with a network of voluntary, statutory and community agencies to provide targeted centre based youth activities to young people across Cheshire West and Chester. We are looking for individuals who can support a Youth Club session where alongside the Session Lead you will be working with over 20 young people a night delivering a variety of youth work sessions that are fun and engaging.
Specific Areas and Times
Monday 6.30 to 9.00pm at Thelwall road Youth Club
Wednesday 6.15 – 9.00pm at Neston Youth Club
Thursday 6.15 -9.00pm at Lache Youth Club
Thursday 6.30 to 9.00pm at Westminister Youth Club
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver and evaluate youth work programmes to include evening and weekend work.
- Deliver effective youth work to the highest standard.
- Deliver time bound interventions to tackle risk taking behaviour as appropriate.
- Promote active involvement of young people throughout all activities.
- Ensure young people are involved in planning the activity programme.
- Act as an advocate for young people, ensuring that young people’s views are always given consideration and are acted upon wherever possible.
- Ensure that work is carried out in line with safeguarding and professional boundary requirements to enable the safe delivery of services to young people.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording onto CRM client database of all interventions and outcomes with young people within their role.
- Complete recordings in order to monitor the progress of young people, projects and incidents.
- Assess young people’s needs and deliver an appropriate youth work response.
- Promote young people’s services to young people, families and partners.
- Closely liaise with key partners, agencies, community groups and voluntary organisations e.g. Policy, Health, and Education.
- Develop opportunities for co-delivery with partners.
- Work closely with local targeted communities/voluntary organisations to build capacity to meet local needs.
- Develop and support a network of volunteers to build capacity to deliver youth work.
Experience of managing a youth work building or project
Ability to motivate and co-ordinate a team of workers
Innovative and adaptable approach to work with young people
Well organised and conscientious
Good verbal and written communication skills
Good understanding of current youth work issues and participatory approach to work with young people
Broad knowledge of IT applications
Flexible and adaptable
Committed to young people
Can do attitude
Job Type: Part-time
To apply please send your CV to [email protected]